making an electric board...what do you need?
Big Grin 
there are a lot of resources out there such as endless-sphere and esk8.builders so u can learn how to make these motors go.

DIY boards using these motors enables the builder to have a board that can outperform any comercial board out there. DIY is for people who want a powerful fast board.
(06-26-2016, 01:26 PM)hummie Wrote: there are a lot of resources out there but if you have questions related to anything ...

What do you use for speed controllers?  Do you wind your own motors?
(06-26-2016, 03:06 PM)chrisbarth Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 01:26 PM)hummie Wrote: there are a lot of resources out there but if you have questions related to anything....i like to chat and can steer you in a dirextion bssed on what your needs are

Hi Chris.

I use the vesc controllers and have been running the silent and smooth foc program on them happily for about 6 months.  

I dont wind the motors and was hoping to get brotherhobbby, who does wind the motors, to give me some smiling faces winding motors Big Grin ...but they forgot this time.  Next time they wind hopefully.

Wow my first post on my site and the spelling is insane! Angel and i have these guys on the side to express all my feelings Undecided ..thanks tppsf.com.
Ok the party is over no more imoji and my answers are now edited and improved! Awaiting another question. Hopefully a hard one this time
Maybe I'll find a controversial topic and we could start an exciting argument
(06-26-2016, 03:06 PM)chrisbarth Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 01:26 PM)hummie Wrote: there are a lot of resources out there but if you have questions related to anything ...

here is a VESC source I found:

http://diyelectricskateboard.com/diy-ele...board-esc/
Vescs are popping out of new places but their quality is still not proven. The vesc itself is still experimental and if you're going to use them, which is worth doing, you'll have to do a bit of research to get them running as apposed to a simpler esc intended for an rc car which will work as well
I'm the owner of DIYElectricSkateboard.com. Our VESCs are fairly new but we've tested our latest batch and BLDC and FOC are tested and reliable. Rest assured, we are in it for the long haul. We've been working on our VESCs to get them spot on as well as are keeping updated with the latest changes. We've also got a few videos for setup which we will be releasing soon on our youtube page which will make your life easier.